Tuesday, August 19, 2008

#40 and #41

Make a 2 week meal-plan for 2 months
Grocery Shop every 2 weeks for 2 months
There are 2 things I hope to accomplish with these goals. 1) always have food at home - thereby not having to go to the store every day and not being tempted to eat out. 2) save money - not eating out and not picking up random stuff at the store on those extra trips. On an average month we spend $600 on groceries and another $150 on eating on. Yesterday I went grocery shopping with my 2 week meal-plan in hand. I spent a total of $200 on groceries... if this plan works out it should save us about $300 a month (leaving room for a few lunches out). I also noticed that having a meal-plan in hand kept me from tossing random stuff into the cart thereby saving even more money!

Here is the meal plan for the next 2 weeks:
Mon – Homemade Spaghetti
Tues- Stir Fry and Rice
Wed- Leftover Spaghetti
Thurs-Dinner @ Ben’s Folks
Fri- Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas
Sat- Steak & Potatoes
Sun- Pork Chops & Rice

Mon- Chicken Parmigana
Tues- leftovers
Wed- Fried Chicken & Scalloped Potatoes
Thurs-Dinner @ Ben’s Folks
Fri- 4 cheese Manicotti
Sat- Stir Fry and Rice Sun- Tacos

No comments: